Posted: July 21, 2014
For most homeowners, the bathroom can be quite the chore; with all the nooks and crannies, tile grout, and scuff marks.
The bathroom is a room that deals with foot traffic all day, and half the night. This can take a heavy toll on floors, walls, and fixtures.
We offer you a few helpful tips on how to thoroughly clean your bathroom with the eraser sponge.
It is best to clean bathroom items first, that will not require immediate use.
Therefore the toilet should be last.
1. Wear cleaning gloves
- As you should when cleaning any room in the house; wearing rubber gloves while cleaning with eraser sponges, keeps your hands clean and protects your skin from drying out from too much contact with the cleaning water.
- Clear the bathroom of laundry, wet towels, kid’s toys, toothbrushes, and other toiletries to expose all surfaces that require cleaning.
3. You only need a small amount of water
- The eraser sponge requires only a small amount of water to active the melamine foam, which is its active cleaning agent.
- Filling a standard bucket with water is all you will need for the entire bathroom.
4. Begin with the tub/shower areas
- If you have a separate shower stall, grab your eraser sponge and water, and begin removing any marks, scuffs, and soap grime from the walls. Clean the shower floor at the end, so that you are not walking over it as you clean the rest of the shower area. Run the shower water at the very end to get rid of any leftover cleaning solution.
- If you have a tub with a shower installed in it; clean the wall tiles first with the eraser sponge, then the tub basin; and again, use the shower sprayer to rinse thoroughly.
5. Now move on to the sink area
- Dampen your eraser sponge or run some water in the sink.
- Focus on any dark marks first, then once they are removed; thoroughly go over the entire sink area, and rinse afterwards.
6. Clean the floors last
- With your bucket of water in hand, wet the eraser sponge, and begin cleaning dirt from in-between the floor tiles. After the floor tile grout has been cleaned, give the bathroom floor a complete once-over to remove any excess dirt and debris.
You no longer need to get ‘down and dirty’ with your bathroom, to get it sparkling clean; the eraser sponge will show you just how much simpler the whole process can be for you and your family. It’s so easy to use, even the kids can do it!